- August 1, 2017
The last full month of summer is here and that means back to school time for many. This time of the year can be busy for both students and parents, leaving it easy for tasks like vehicle maintenance to fall to the bottom of the list. Whether your child is heading off to high school, across town, or college across the country, it’s important to do a maintenance review on your vehicles to get your student’s car ready for the school year.
Burlington Automotive is currently offering a $79.95 Back to School Special featuring our Bumper to Bumper Service Inspection. This special includes a lube, oil, filter and inspection of over 99 of your vehicle’s components.
Call us today at (360) 757-8282 to click here to schedule an appointment.
If you can’t make it in for our special Burlington Automotive suggests you check the following:
- Fluid Levels: Check the level of your vehicle’s oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid and all other fluids. If you aren’t familiar with checking these fluids or the proper levels, Burlington Automotive would be happy to help.
- Date of the battery (located on top). We suggest that you have your battery checked if it’s more than two to three years old and your car’s entire charging system checked once a year. Both extreme hot and cold weather can take their toll on your vehicle’s battery and if it’s not properly maintained it could leave you stranded.
- Check the tires. Check the tires for uneven tread wear, nails or other potential hazards. Follow the vehicle manufacturer’s suggested pressure, which is located on most vehicles on a sticker inside the driver’s door, center console, glove compartment lid or in the owner’s manual. Also, make sure the spare tire is inflated and a jack, lug wrench and jumper cables are in the trunk. Burlington Automotive works closely with local tire shops and can help advice you on your tire maintenance needs.
- Check the lights. Have your student get in the car and turn on the headlights, turn signals and emergency flashing lights as you walk around the vehicle to make sure they are working. Check the brake lights by having him or her press the brake pedal, too.
- Find local resources for students going away. Maintenance issues still can occur despite your preventive maintenance efforts, so it’s wise to identify resources near campus. Burlington Automotive’s Service Advisors would be happy to help refer you to shop in the area of your student’s school.
Burlington Automotive wishes you a happy and safe school year!